Here are a few different scenarios that might occur depending on your situation, and a few tips to help you in the process:
- NEW CONSTRUCTION: If you are in the process of new construction, then you will want to begin looking at countertop slab options during the early stages of construction. It will be very helpful to have a layout of the kitchen/bathrooms, along with rough measurements. The layout will allow the experts at C and C Stoneworks to estimate how many slabs you will need to provide an accurate cost, based on what you select. You will want to keep us updated on where you are in the building process so your slabs will be ready for install when your contractor says it is time.
- REMODELING WITH NEW CABINETS: If you are remodeling a kitchen or bathroom and putting in new cabinetry, then you will want to begin looking at slabs immediately. A layout of the countertop area with measurements will allow us to estimate how many slabs you will need along with a cost based on the material you select. Because the process of getting countertops can be lengthy, you will need to get on the schedule as soon as possible. Otherwise, you will have cabinets being installed and no countertops to put on them. Planning ahead is critical to reduce the stress of remodeling.
- REMODELING WITH EXISTING CABINETS: If you are remodeling a kitchen or bathroom, but are keeping your existing cabinets, you will want to begin looking at slabs as soon as you start thinking about the remodeling process. Providing a layout of the countertop area, with measurements, will allow the fabricators at C and C Stoneworks to estimate how many slabs you will need to provide an accurate cost, based on what you select. You should not remove your old countertops until it is time to install the new ones. The old countertops will be removed by the professionals at C and C Stoneworks on the day of installation.
- Make the decision to get new countertops
- Reach out to C and C Stoneworks in Greenville, NC
- Provide layout of countertop area with rough measurements
- Select slabs (this can take days or weeks)
- Get estimate
- Select sink
- Sign contract/pay deposit
- Purchase faucets
Fabricator’s (C and C Stoneworks’) Steps:
- Show customer slabs
- Prepare estimate based on layout and slabs selected
- Finalize contract
- Put customer on schedule (12–18 weeks on average)
- Prepare template at customer’s home (done couple of weeks before install)
- Begin cutting stone (could take a couple of days)
- Polishing of stone (could take a couple of days)
- Schedule install date (will give customer a couple of days’ notice)
- Haul slabs to install
- Remove old countertops (unless it is new construction)
- Install countertops
- Install new sinks
- Cut holes for faucets
- Secure basic plumbing
- Clean up from installation
Waiting is the difficult part; however, planning ahead can expedite the process. At C and C Stoneworks in Greenville, NC, we take the time to do things the right way. The difference between good countertops and great countertops is all in the details. If you’re thinking about new countertops, contact C and C Stoneworks today to get started on the process as soon possible! Not only will we install your countertops, we will also install sinks and faucets to help complete the remodel process.